We are excited to announce the recipients of our 2016 grant awards:
- The Aspire Project in St. Johns will receive up to $800 toward the installation of security cameras in and near the entrances of its studio. The project will help to ensure the safety of its students, families, and staff.
- Inner Essence Healing Center in Arbor Lodge will receive up to $600 toward the purchase and installation of sidewalk planters for the front of the newly renovated Brandon building. The project will improve the overall appearance of the corner and attract attention, increasing visibility of nearby businesses.
- The Parkside Pub in Kenton will receive up to $5,140 toward the installation of awnings, a community board, planters, and a new marquee. The project aims to expand the Kenton Business District by increasing visibility one block west of Denver on Willis Blvd., a single block that is home to no less than ten businesses.
- Posies Bakery & Cafe in Kenton will receive up to $1,500 toward the installation of waterproof flooring and interior paint. The project will improve appearances and customer experience, and enhance staff and patron safety.
- Salvage Works in Kenton will receive up to $960 toward the installation of a bike rack to serve both staff and patrons. Secure bike parking will encourage bike commuting, improve the safety of personal property, encourage attendance of community events, and enhance the block’s overall appearance.
We’ll be posting project photos and recaps as they are available, so keep an eye on this section of our site to track the progress of these projects.
We received over $70,000 in grant requests, and while we were unable to fund all requests, we recognize the time and effort made to prepare and submit each proposal. Thank you for applying, and thank you for all you do to better our community.